Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Too much snow to go skiing?

Someone said to me today that he thought there was too much snow to go skiing...doesn't that sound kind of backwards to you? The roads continue to be covered in the white stuff, and the wind was blowing absolutely sideways today as I trudged to Mochaberry to get a soup and bagel. Everyone in line commiserated. It truly is a tired old story, but one that we still have to tell.

Anyways, my friend decided to go skiing after all. As a skier, he's had a great season. As a non-skier, I'm sick to freakin' death of the white stuff.

My plan was to start a little tour of the tree-stump sculptures around town, as encouraged by the mayor's most recent front page question on the Town's website. Personally, I do not love the sculptures, but public art is important and I am impressed that the town has taken steps to make public art a priority. I hope that by taking the tour, I can appreciate the sculptures a little more and decide which is my favourite. However, until the snow stops, I'll sit tight.

No comments: